[ale] Laptop Questions

john lapierre jjlapierre at knology.net
Mon Jul 29 12:40:05 EDT 2002

http://putland.linux-site.net/pipermail/toshiba-5005/

The Toshiba Satellite 5000 series has had TONS of trouble, not only with
linux. Check out the above mailing list. I have a 5005 -S504. There are
major kernel and module mods you will have to do to get 80% of the
functionality that you'd get with Windows. The other 20% may never work.
This laptop is a 'legacy free' made for Windows model.

John L.