[ale] USB devices

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Jul 28 19:13:28 EDT 2002

Hello,

I've just installed a Linksys USB100M Ethernet card.  on RH7.3.  Here is
what I did.

1) Bought card for $29 at CompUSA
2) Downloaded rtl8150.c to add into the 2.4.18 kernel source that
   came with RH7.3
3) Patched file into source
4) built a module
5) copied rtl8150 to /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/usb
6) edited /etc/hostplub/usb.distmap and added Linksys

Now when I insert the card I get eth0.  I manually have to execute pump
though

I can see a place to add a script to /etc/hotplub/usb/  to have the
kernel usb thread to exec a script when it is loaded.  I created a file
call 'rtl8150' but that is not getting loaded.  The manpage just states
to place scripts there and does not go into heavy detail.  All I want to
execute on insertion is pump.  Can someone here tell me what I need to
do?

Thanks,
Chris Fowler