[ale] NFS or Samba?

Ryan Neily ryan at neily.net
Thu Jul 25 15:19:40 EDT 2002

Has anyone done any performance tests between Samba and NFS mounts?  I am
currently sharing mounts from my linux box via Samba to my Windoze boxes,
and it's rather slow.  Would I be better off installing unix tools in
Winows or some other NFS facility and sharing drives off my linux box via
NFS for better performance?

I put some tweaks from the O'Reilly Samba book into my
/etc/samba/samba.conf file, and that helped alot, but I am looking to make
it even faster...

--
Ryan Neily
ryan at neily.net