[ale] Re: [OT] Enough of the OT Crap!!

SanMillan, Todd tis3 at cdc.gov
Thu Jul 25 11:27:06 EDT 2002

I'm curious which one's have been driven away.  I'm not sure who you are
referring to as founders, but my first ALE meeting was the second ever held
and I helped out a little with the first Linux showcases, including the "get
our feet wet" one on the Tech campus, so I think I know who the guilty
parties are.  And in the last few months I have seen posts from Byron and
Eric and Steve and Mike Warfield and David Hamm and Dan.  Yeah, a lot of the
founders have gotten less active, but I hardly think many have been "driven
away"  We were all playing with Linux when the idea of distributions was
still getting off the ground.  I remember downloading Slackware to 56
floppies over a 14.4 modem over many nights.  Believe me, reading mail and
news over a slow link, you learned  that your kill file was your friend, so
ain't no clearly marked off topic crap gonna drive too many away.

My $0.02

Todd SanMillan