[ale] Q: q'n'd script to make 'thumbnails' with ImageMagick?

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Wed Jul 24 16:48:23 EDT 2002

John,

There's a photo browser on my website that I wrote in perl, and I use the
"convert" tool from ImageMagick to create my thumbnails. If the script
doesn't have an index thumbnail representative of the album, it creates
it. For the thumbnails themselves, I run a quick bash script in the
directory.

mkdir ./small
for n in *.jpg ; do convert -geometry 96x72 $n small/s_$n ; done

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but it's a really quick and
handy way to take all jpegs in a directory, thumbnail them, and
automatically create the thumbnail directory with properly named
thumbnails. So if you have 001.jpg, the thumbnail gets named to s_001.jpg.

Hope this helps. Check out the Personal Gallery on my website to see how
this works.

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:29:46 -0400 (EDT)