[ale] Sendmail and Bellsouth DSL?

Ryan Neily ryan at neily.net
Wed Jul 24 10:36:04 EDT 2002

I am wondering if anyone else has run into this problem...

I have been sucessfully using Bellsouth's DSL SMTP server with my home
linux box by masquerading my local domain.  This works all fine a good
since my local linux Boxen cant send e-mail through it's own SMTP server
since most everyone blocks mail coming from dialup ip address ranges.

What I am trying to do, is make a backup MX record for a friend, however
when I get mail for his domain, it sends to to the Belsouth SMTP server as
masqueraded e-mail.

Is there any way around this?  There has got to be a way to to multiple
masquerade domains.  i.e. if mail comes from foo.com then masquerade as
foo.com else if mail comes from bar.com masqerage as bar.com.   I have
played with the function "limited_masqerade", but I cant seem to get it to
work.

I'd be happy with sendmail masqerading only my mail, and doing nothing for
his, but masqerading seems to be an "all or nothing" function.

--
Ryan Neily
ryan at neily.net