[ale] [OT] Re: [ale] Enough of the OT Crap!!

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Sun Jul 21 11:12:13 EDT 2002

phrostie wrote:
> although, yes, this thread is more than a little off topic.
> in fact it's out there :-)
>
> lighten up.
>
> On Sunday 21 July 2002 04:43, you wrote:
>
>>I, along with many others, think that all the political, religious, and
>>zealous off-topic comments are destroying this "LINUX" group. This is a
>>"LINUX" forum, nothing more and nothing less. Take the opinions elsewhere!
>>If your complaints are that severe run for city council, mayor, or
>>governor!!! One more time for the Forest Gump's out there....LINUX!!!!!!!!

<minirant>

ditto on the "lighten up".

If you don't like our "opinions", you sure don't have to read them.

Here is another one for you, if OT posts (is this one OT?) are destroying ALE, then I think it is time for ALE to go due to it's lack of being able to handle reality.

</minirant>

As far as post OT stuff goes, I appreciate those who mark the subject [OT].  I really don't want to see this mailing list to become censored.  On that note, I highly suggest those who don't like reading the OT to bone up one their mail clients ability to filter messages.

Unix and Linux both have a heritage of things bizarre (fortune comes to mind) that have added character to the OS.  I would dread seeing those features, or the words from the occasional oddball who thought them up, banned from anything Linux related just because it wasn't purely about Linux.

Was there ever a [ale-OT] message list made?  Nada is mentioned on the Mailing List page at the web site.

--
Opinionated in Tokyo,
   Keith

<mini-minirant>
P.S. One more thought....If you truely think ALE is "nothing more" than a Linux forum, then I don't think you've been paying much attention, to the install fests, ALS, the support we give each other, or the other activites that go along with it.
</mini-minirant>