[ale] [OT] Planned volunteer-informant corps elicits 1984' fears**

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sat Jul 20 16:04:24 EDT 2002

On Friday 19 July 2002 12:50, you wrote:
> Happily, this trash was removed from the bill by Dick Armey (thank you
> Dick!), along with the back-door National ID card:

Yes indeed, a very loud sigh of relief is in order, with thanks not only
to Mr. Armey but to the hundreds of others (of all parties) in the House
and Senate who, along with thousands of civil rights organizations like
the ACLU and millions of concerned citizens, immediately took up the
essential fight to halt the Bush administation's attempts to install both
a National ID system and the T.I.P.S. (Terrorize the Innocent by Police
State) political spy plan.

Still, the sigh doesn't last very long when one considers the frightening
implications of this latest campaign in the radical rightwing War against
America. The Bush  admistration is now attempting to install a system of
citizen spies  modelled after the infamous Stasi Secret Police of
Communist East  Germany. The T.I.P.S. fraud is an act that is nothing
short of terrorism  for anyone who respects our U.S. constitution (at
least I know this has  succeeded in shocking and terrorizing every fellow
U.S. citizen I have communicated with the past week).  More than any of
their other heinous  assaults on our constitution and the bill of rights,
these most recent  actions unequivocally demonstrate the nationally
destructive, blatantly  fascist, and clearly evil intentions of the
installed Cheney / Bush  regime. They must be deterred at all costs lest
our Democracy and Civil  Liberty are damaged beyond repair.

peace
(after justice)
aaron

>> Planned volunteer-informant corps elicits 1984' fears
>> The article can be found at:
>> http://www.washtimes.com/national/20020716-75882632.htm

** Comments Posted here in leiu of the
    pending option of an ot at ale.org list