[ale] OT: Is speed reading a pile of ...

fgz fzamenski at voyager.net
Sun Jul 14 15:25:43 EDT 2002

> read a few books about the subject...noticed no difference. In fact I
> was missing a lot of detailed info. I guessed spead reading/learning was
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I 'guessed' your intent to spell speed as 'spead'
was to emphasis the point? :-)

> meant to get the general idea for a test.

To me it depends on the book topic. I personally
never found it of  much value to skim (er, speed
read?) a science or tech book given the volume of
detailed stuff in a 'typical' paragraph in one of those.
I had to drudge through it (inverse speed reading!)
and write down the key points in the margins and/or
outline it.