[ale] OT - DSL

aaron aaron at pd.org
Wed Jul 10 11:26:46 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 10:51, you wrote:
> AFAIK, DIRECT DSL still provides semi-static IP assignments by DHCP.

Been rather happy with my DirecTV DSL service. They were very persistent
and helpful in getting some attention from Bell South regarding (very)
long standing line problems. Customer service access, response and
knowledge (e.g. Linux) was night and day over anything I've found
Earthlink / Mindspring or Bell South.

...and I haven't ever noticed anything "semi" about my static IP address:
it hasn't changed since I got the service nearly a year ago! :-)

peace
aaron