[ale] OT: H1B -- What To Do

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Jul 10 10:33:50 EDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, George Johnson wrote:

> Well as we all know these problems started under Clint-ler's watch.  Elect a
> crook to run the country and what do you expect.

Try doing just a little bit of reading.  It won't kill you.  These problems
are much older than Clinton.  Harken, for example, was under Bush Sr.  Bush
Jr. got off on Harken only because he was the sitting president's son.
Furthermore, Clinton pushed for independent accounting requirements, but
Congress wouldn't pass the bills (remember, most members of Congress under
Clinton were Republican, and both Republicans and Democrats are heavily
financed by the accounting industry).  Now, Congress is still trying to pass
a bi-partisan bill requiring independent accountant oversight, and Bush Jr.
still won't support it.

Now, can we please take the political discussions some place where they're
even remotely relevant?  This isn't it.

later,
chris