[ale] Maxtor drives and 7.3

msmith at mikeandmel.com msmith at mikeandmel.com
Tue Jul 9 07:41:25 EDT 2002

I had similar problems with RH 7.3 until I low level
formatted the drives.  Grab the MaxBlast Plus II
software from the Maxtor site and execute the format.
It will take a while so you may want to start it at
night before you go to sleep......

I don't know what was on these drives but this finally
cleaned them up.  The specific error I got was
something about writing to /tmp/hdc please reboot
before continuing...  This didn't happen after the low
level format.

Good Luck.....

"ChangingLINKS.com" wrote

> I don't know why, but I cannot get 7.3 to install on
ANY Maxtor hard drive. I
> have 3 Maxtor drives, and I have 3 different
computers that I have tried
> installing 7.3 with. 7.2 installs on all of the
drives easily. Moreover, I
> have tried installing with different copies of 7.3.
>
> Does anyone have Redhat 7.3 installed on a Maxtor
drive?
> --
> Wishing you Happiness, Joy and Laughter,
> Drew Brown
> http://www.ChangingLINKS.com
>
> ---
> This message has been sent through the ALE general
discussion list.
info. Problems should be
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

Michael Smith