[ale] playing DVD on 7.3

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Jul 6 14:23:10 EDT 2002

RedHat is not making things hard. RPM's are pretty good if the sysadmin
understands how to use them (ditto for .debs)

There is a listing for xine.rpm (and source rpm) on www.rpmfind.net.
That will be the easiest way to install.

To remove: rpm -e xine

If it says that something else depends on it, rpm -e <foo-dependant> as
well.

The headache with ogle on RH7.3 can go away by compiling the app from
src.rpm. The ogle website has everything you need:

http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/redhat.shtml

Due to the legal status of decss, RedHat will probably never directly
support ogle.