[ale] Job List?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Jul 2 19:41:51 EDT 2002

Let me make sure I get this right. Your considering moving BACK to
Atlanta to look for geek work?

Bwahahahaha!!!

There isn't any! HR departments are swamped with resumes. Each job
posting garners 3000+ applications if it hits the local papers and the
main job boards.

The really sad part is the huge push from the VoTech (Devry, etc)
schools to train people in geek stuff. I have not enough business to
support my self with my company. I get 3-8 calls per week from these
poor "graduates" looking for work. They have zilch experience and are in
debt up to their eyeballs on the school expenses. Nobody is hiring. The
few people who are left in a job are so overworked due to layoffs and
"downsizing" (BLECH! I despise the new business double speak) that it is
not uncommon for the typical workweek to be 80 hours.

Move to Atlanta and look for work.

It not that we wouldn't love to have another ALE'r local. Crying in the
beer is more fun in a crowd.