[ale] cheap linux-friendly pcs?

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Tue Jul 2 17:33:46 EDT 2002

turn off the onboard sound on the Amptron and add a Soundblaster Live for
$30.  Sound is MUCH better!  Modem is hopeless in my opinion, but I have
DSL so haven't worked on it very much.
Dow

cfowler wrote:
 cite="mid1025642855.13301.1.camel at moses.outpostsentinel.com">
  Here is what I've done and people may scream.  But I have Linux running
on 3 Ginstar G1 PC's.  I think each one coast me around 350 - 400 each.

Downside:

Sound is not very good
I have not got the modem to work

Upside: