[ale] For Sale -- HP Calculator 28S

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 2 10:26:28 EDT 2002

Chris Woodruff wrote:

> Have this old classic laying around and thought someone on the list may
> have a use for it.  The calculator is an HP 28S that was bought in 1988.
> I have all the books and it still functions perfect.  It has a four line
> display and folds like a clam shell.
>
> If anyone would like it I am asking $15.

Omygod, I had one of those in college, but it died somehow.
Those are amazing little machines. Even today I suspect
a 28 does more serious math out-of-the-box than any
PC, unless you invest in something like Mathematica.
And does it with a 4-bit processor and 32K of RAM.

I've got a 48G now, but I really liked the 28's
full alpha keyboard; the 48 requires you to fool
with shift keys to get the alpha characters.

Gee, I wonder if you could run ucLinux on it :-)))

-- Joe