[ale] Palladium/MS: ideas for retaliation - WAY, WAY, WAY OT now!!!

SanMillan, Todd tis3 at cdc.gov
Mon Jul 1 16:51:46 EDT 2002

full definition from the Jargon file:
(http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/Godwin's-Law.html)

[Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a
comparison
involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many
groups that,
once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has
automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus
practically
guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups.
However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional
triggering of
Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be
unsuccessful."