Re: [ale] HD Failures: bad luck or technical error??

Michael Smith msmith at mikeandmel.com
Thu Jan 31 10:47:39 EST 2002

I am surprised you could get Redhat to install on your Maxtor drive at
all.  I had to download a tool from Maxtor to turn on Write Verify to get
the drives to work with Redhat 7.2....after 2 weeks of trying all kinds of
things....

What were the exact errors you were getting?

Were the errors CRC errors?

Mike

--
Michael Smith