[ale] MySQL and 3NF

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 30 05:46:45 EST 2002

A very simple approach that doesn't hideously break the
DB schema would be to model the different Museum departments
as separate contributors. But if you want to get complicated,
you can use an association table to model arbitrary
volunteer-contributor relationships.

Cheers,

-- Joe
"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"