[ale] surviving sans work

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 29 11:03:26 EST 2002

I have a broader proposal. Since a lot of people on this list seem to be
out of work. We ought to start a separate list for the unemployed. There
is power in numbers. If I talk to an employer or recruiter about a job
that doesn't fit my skills, there may be somebody on  the list who has
exactly those skills. If we share skill profiles, we can know who does
what. And if we're not too far flung, we could meet for lunch and
exchange stories and strategies. I don't know about others, but I find
that my own ideas are getting a little stale. People talking together
will spark ideas that just don't come to one person alone.

Is anybody on?