[ale] Has the IT market bottomed out?

Chris Woodruff cwoodruff at openpenguin.com
Tue Jan 29 08:44:24 EST 2002

I have been talking to a few recruiters lately and asking them about
what they are seeing in the market right now.  They all say that they
think that the worst is over but....  They all say that hiring will not
pick up until the third quarter.  They are seeing that most companies
are not planning any further layoffs but hiring is not frozen only not
needed right now.

So it may be the summer until things pick up.  I don't think that is too
long but I am employed and not searching.  To all that are searching
good luck.  We have seen the worst and hopefully things get better.
Lets hope the Democrats can be stopped from keeping the economy down
until after the elections.  I hate election years due to the fact that
forces from both sides try to control things to help the political
motives.  That is my politic rant for the year.

Chris Woodruff