[ale] HTML Based UI

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 26 11:13:00 EST 2002

Hi guys, I'm looking for some direction...
I was wondering if it's possible to build a regular user interface (non http
server dependent) using html.  You know I would like to use html to describe
how the interface is to be built but would like it to be an executable or
even a script to an executable to draw the interface widgets and pass
information to the core program. Sorta like cgi but without the apache.  To
be honest I don't  know if such a thing is possible, I just thought it up and
wondered about the feasability.  If there is no such beast, is there a good
simple UI library for plane X-windows?  nothing windows manager based like
specifically for KDE or Gnome.  Thanks.
--
Calvin...