[ale] telnet -- Just Say NO!

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jan 24 18:36:21 EST 2002

telnet is not a bad protocol.  It is a protcol that has served us well and
is just a little behind the times.  Besides if it were'nt for these fast
PC's everyone would still be using telnet.

If you do not want toy use it, disable it in xinetd.d/telnet configuration
files.

You can also block access on that port using ipchains or iptables.