[ale] ipchains in 2.4.13

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed Jan 23 10:57:34 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 10:41:33AM -0500, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I want to use ipchains in 2.4.13.   I'm compiling my own kernel to support this.  I do not want iptables support.  Below are my simple rules

> #load modules
> /sbin/insmod    ip_masq_cuseeme
> /sbin/insmod    ip_masq_irc
> /sbin/insmod    ip_masq_raudio
> /sbin/insmod    ip_masq_vdolive
> /sbin/insmod    ip_masq_ftp
> /sbin/insmod    ip_masq_quake

These protocol helpers don't exist under the ipchains emulation module
for kernel 2.4.

They provided that for backwards compatibility only; you really should
use iptables.. it's much yummier.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344

 PGP signature