[ale] OT: corporate finance 101

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 22 08:37:03 EST 2002

David Corbin wrote:

> You've had number of different  answers, none of which are wrong, but I
> thought I'd tried to a clear summary.  Stock prices reflect the value of
> the company.

You should have said, 'stock prices reflect the public's opinion of the
value of the company.'  This is my whole problem with the stock market
anymore.  Too many folks are investing in the stock market and at the
same time believing what they read in the Inquirer and the Star.

The stock market can take a plunge based on pure stupidity.  That's a
scary thing to me.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html