[ale] Partitions

Swantje Willms swillms at mail.sis.pitt.edu
Mon Jan 21 11:02:56 EST 2002

Our partitions look like this (we have a dual boot setup), basically the
same on all machines at home, except that the sizes have been adjusted
from earlier installations based on our usage experience:

	1) Windows (1500-5000M)  (has to be first to work)
        2) /boot (16-100M) (has to be at low address to work)
        3) / (500-1000M)
        5) /usr (3000-5000M)
        6) /home (3000-5000M)  (two users under home)
        7) /vmware (2500-5000M)
        8) /usr/local (2000-5000M) (all the programs we install ourselves
that don't come with Redhat)
        9) /var/www (500-1000M) (That's where the website sits)
        10) swap (600-1000M)

Just another idea. It all depends on what you intend to use your machine
for.

Swantje