[ale] CS Degree necessary?

Lance Smith lancesmith at charter.net
Thu Jan 17 07:38:00 EST 2002

Heres a splash of cold water.

I have been doing quite well in the field of IT.  I have a degree "Mass
Communications/ Speech" Translated for you none eclectic types "Acting".  Thats
right Acting.  I am a college trained stage actor.  But I make more money
"screwing" with computers and mainframes.  I am not the best, but I know it and
I do not try to "act" like I am the best.

The point, a degree is a piece of paper that says you are "trainable", it has
nothing to do with wether you are "capable"

Lance