[ale] CS Degree necessary?

Michael Golden naugrimk at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 19:56:19 EST 2002

Hi,
	I know a similar thread has gone on in this list a while back but for
one I'm too lazy right now to go back and try to find it and two I don't
recall well enough if it addressed this exact topic.
	Right now I am set up to major in Computer Science but I've only been
taking general education core classes so far. I was talking to people
about some of the classes for the major and I took a look through them
myself and I'm not sure how interested I am in taking half of them. I'd
like to have a career in computers but I don't know how much I'll enjoy
this major.
	Is a CS degree really necessary in the real world for computer jobs?
What are the advantages/disadvantages to having it? Anything else to
add?

Michael