[ale] dual booting RedHat7.2 and Win2k

JGlass at WesleyanCollege.edu JGlass at WesleyanCollege.edu
Wed Jan 16 11:51:27 EST 2002

You should be able to boot off your rescue disk, then run "grub-install
/dev/hda".  I've only used grub a few times, so someone please correct me if
I'm wrong.

Thanks

Jonathan Glass

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Rose [mailto:jojerose at mindspring.com]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 11:52 AM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: Re: [ale] dual booting RedHat7.2 and Win2k

I'm still pretty new to Linux so forgive my ignorance.  I have a boot
floppy for RedHat.  So if Win2k overwrites the MBR I assume I will have
to instruct grub to overwrite that.  I'm not sure how to do this.  By
adding win2k to the grub conf, will I accomplish this or do I need to
run grub or reinstall grub?  Will Win2k's boot program give me the
option of booting into Linux?  I just want to know what I'm getting into
before I begin.  Thanks for all the help.