[ale] cgi problems on apache

Keith Hopkins hne at inetnow.net
Tue Jan 15 08:50:57 EST 2002

Ken Nagorski wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am having problems executing cgi scripts on an apache server I set up. I
> think that maybe the options are screwed up but I don't know that for sure.
> All I keep getting a "forbidden" error from apache. This is what I have for
> the options in apache.
>
> Directory />
>     Options FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride None
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory /home>
>    Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Includes Indexes ExecCGI
>    AllowOverride None
> </Directory>
>

> Is there something else I can try. I set the perms to 777 just to test and I
> know that isn't the problem.
>
> Thanks
> Ken

silly question... where are the CGI scripts located /cgi-bin ?  what did you set perms on?  the cgi? the web page? the dir the page is in?  the dir the cgi is in?

Do you have a section like this?

     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/"
     #
     # "/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliase    # CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.
     #
     <Directory "/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin">
         AllowOverride None
         Options None