[ale] cat5

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jan 14 12:37:48 EST 2002

Well,  I assume you're probably on the right track there.  From that
point, you might asssume that if you used the other 2 pairs in the same
way as the first 2 are used, you'd be okay.  But then you'd probably
have to deal with cross-talk/interference between the two different sets
you've not, not just between rec/transmit on one 'communication link.'

I think I'll give this a spin just the same and see what happens.

Since one twisted pair is used for transmit, the other for receive, I'll
see what happens if I use the other two pairs in the same way.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html