[ale] Getting your Digital Photos out of your camera

Scott Sandholm ss27 at prism.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 2 13:40:48 EST 2002

Howdy

Last week there was some interested in getting photos out of
digital cameras and onto hard disks.  I have been using
Spyrus PCMCIA to SCSI boxes.  It's just like haveing a
notebook PCMCIA dock on your desk top.  This is the fastest
way I have found to get the *.jpgs out of my Kodak DC210
and DC4800.  Of course you will need the adapter to get the
"film" into a PCMCIA module but you should have one of
those all ready if you own a notebook computer.  I have
bought the Spyrus products (RD300-MC-DISK PCMCIA Reader) on
ebay for $10/each.  I have NOT been able to get the
ARGUS/2100 to work.  If you would like to try a ARGUS I'll
bring one to the next ALE meeting (you will need your own
power supply 7.5 VDC 1.5 AMPs)

sts

--

Scott Sandholm