[ale] suggested kernel?

Robert E. Karaffa, II rkaraff at emory.edu
Tue Feb 19 15:30:09 EST 2002

You know, the value of this list is amazing.  I was poking around in my
Mandrake box at home the other night.  It acts as my DSL gateway.  I saw
some sort of "insmod" message in one of the logs that I didn't recognize.
Also saw a message that said something like "some port(s) were opened for
blah blah blah"...I can't remember what the message was.  It didn't ring any
loud alarm bells at that instance...now they're banging in my head like
there's no tomorrow!  Egads, somebody managed to get by my Bastille
firewall?  And I can't run home to check right now!  Damn!

-Bob K., shaken, AND stirred!

--
Robert E. Karaffa, II
e-mail: rkaraff at emory.edu