[ale] Hard drive blues

Greg runman at telocity.com
Fri Feb 15 21:41:12 EST 2002

I found that
it was easier to put 2 drives in (1 for linux and the other partitioned for
Win98 and Win2K) rather than try for a tri-booted disk.  I figured this out
after several hours of trying to get it finagled.
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>
I have also
seen the jumper settings on the instruction manual to be wrong, believe it or
not.  You might want to fdisk the mbr as well as the disk before
using.
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>
Good
luck.
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>
Greg
Canter
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid">
  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Stephen Turner
  [mailto:artic_knight at yahoo.com]Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 9:14
  PMTo: ale at ale.orgSubject: [ale] Hard drive
  blueswell i got this wonderful 40 gig 7200 rpm as said in
  a previous post. my issue is while i can install ezbios (i suspect a mbr add
  on to allow the full 40 gigs to show and be able to read this hard disk) i
  cant get bios to boot the disk, i tried once before to update my bios but the
  award bios said i was updated. in any case i wish to dual boot this baby for
  linux and windoze but i cant get it to be read as s sinle, however i can get
  it read if another harddrive boots an os, and the western digital floppy sees
  it reguardless what bios says, what should i do? i would return it for a
  maxtor however this disk is older than a month now and i do not have the
  box  (was using another hard disk for os's which booted the 40) any help?
  i checked out the wd site and didnt get any sucess with thier jumper settings.
  any help would be greatly appreciated!

  Do You Yahoo!?Yahoo!
  Sports - Coverage of the 2002 Olympic Games