[ale] OT: logrotate on Solaris (vs linux)

Gene Matthews gene at mmc-inc.com
Fri Feb 15 10:16:14 EST 2002

Any one using logrotate on solaris?  The syntax of the conf file,
although the man pages seem to show it identically betwen linux and
solaris, doesn't seem to work on solaris.

In /etc/logrotate.conf (solaris 8) i have:

{prodweb:root}# cat /etc/logrotate.conf
"/var/apache/logs/access_log" {
  rotate 5
  weekly
  compress
  postrotate
    /opt/apache/bin/apachectl restart
  endscript
}

When I run logrotate I get:

{prodweb:root}# logrotate -v /etc/logrotate.conf
reading config file /etc/logrotate.conf
reading config info for "/var/apache/logs/access_log" {
error: /etc/logrotate.conf:1 unexpected text
error: /etc/logrotate.conf:2 unexpected text
error: /etc/logrotate.conf:3 unexpected log filename

This is a slight improvement.  I have tweaked and played around some.  I
was getting coredumps when I ran the above. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gene

--
Gene Matthews