[ale] petition

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Feb 14 20:43:17 EST 2002

I've come to the conclusion that we need to get the word out. I've heard
that the hold out states on the Microsoft trial want Microsoft to port
Office to Linux.  I don't know about you, but I don't want Office taking
my Linux box down.  I think the proper solution is for Microsoft to
publish their file formats.  What do you folks think?  I want to get a
petition going.  I've dead serious about this.

Anyone know how you would go about this, from the legal standpoint?  I
can throw up a site for this purpose on no time, but how do I get it to
the right people, so that it can be 'heard?'

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html