[ale] SHELL: log files monitoring

Zyman, Andy zymana at hra.nyc.gov
Thu Feb 14 14:43:08 EST 2002

Danny,
> 	Why not use grep?  It will almost certainly be faster
> than the above.

I don't know. Originnaly I thought that I'll need differnet type of action
in diff. siuations. But know, U are right I'l changeit to grep. Thank You
for input.

> 	More broadly, what are you trying to accomplish?  Is
> there a need, for example, to not see dups?  Is that the reason 'tail' is
used?

I have Oracle Db and I'm monitoring alert<sid>.log ( it's the output of what
happenning to instance (db) ).
 I just want to see if db:
 was shutting down - shoot email do dba,
 up - email.
 "Alter database" statemnet - email. this kind of action.

Andy