[ale] Continued-> missing dependencies under Redhat.........

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Mon Feb 11 12:40:37 EST 2002

There's not much of a way with a stand-alone RPM system to determine
everything that a newly downloaded package might need. The rpm command
does provide the -R flag (used in conjunction with the -q query indicator)
which reports the packages and/or capabilities that the package in question
may need. Unfortunately, some of those needed packages may, in turn, have
their own dependencies.

So in short, the -R flag, in this case, doesn't mean recursive.