[ale] remote printing won't function ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Sat Feb 9 13:44:02 EST 2002

Greetings !

I can't print files from a Debian-2.4.6 or a RedHat6.1 server to a
FreeBSD box. But I could yesterday and don't know what's changed.

lpc status......... says that the queueing and printing is enabled and
lp is ready and printing on both linux boxes.

ps aux | grep lpd shows that lpd is running on all three.

lpq -> shows the test file /etc/printcap is in the queue on both linux
boxes.

I have included RedHat and Debian hostnames in hosts.lpd on all.

lpd is running on all.

Any help here ?

Appreciatively,
Courtney