[ale] Uploading to a web page

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Feb 5 21:27:13 EST 2002

What you are looking for is info on using the POST form of web traffic.
Specifically, you need an input form field that takes the name of a file
as an input argument.:
.
.
.
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" method=post
action="your/cgi/process/here">
Upload you file: <input type=file size=30 name=file_name>
</form>

In newer browsers (Netscape 3+ and IE4+, Mozilla and others) there will
be a "browse" button to the right of the input field. The size=30 is the
width of the displayable portion of the input field.