[ale] SMTP Servers

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Dec 31 17:32:47 EST 2002

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> 'Tis true. There have been numerous security flaws in sendmail over the
> years. But it is the only absolutely complete package that is under the
> gpl. Qmail, is nice, but has a weird license.

Nonsense. Both Exim and Postfix are viable, functional replacements for
sendmail, and unencumbered by qmail's license or some of qmail's other
limitations. Exim is GPL'ed, while Postfix is available under a non-GPL, but
still Open Source license.

In general, I'd recommend Postfix for most SMTP applications.

later,
chris