[ale] SMTP Servers

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Tue Dec 31 14:34:34 EST 2002

> Currently I am running qmail on a 60,000 user email system with no
> problems whatsoever.

I use qmail at the office b/c i wanted ezmlm (the major was completely
inadequate :/) (i picked ez b/c ale used it and so i looked into it :)  i
didn't know any other names, so it seemed like a good way to at least find
things to look at).  But what I can't figure out is if EZMLM or QMail are
still being developed, or if they're stagnating?

I had to install postfix one afternoon and it only took about 30 minutes
or so to figure out how to configure it (not fully configured, and mostly
I was trying to fix another install, so that time may vary a lot).  it
definitely looked easier to setup than Sendmail.

Sendmail has, typically, provided the most power, but at the expense of
sticking your hands into a blender most of the time :/

--attriel