[ale] OT: Fs StarTac ST7760 (Why not the Xbox, its the hardwaredude. :P)

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 30 23:29:16 EST 2002

Not to mention that its a porly constructed console (IMO).  The HDD in
it is not even shockmounted.  So don't drop your Xbox, or atleast make
sure thats covered in the warranty :P

Oh, and if you don't think the HDD should have to be shock mounted, just
remember that game consoles should be expected to take some amounts of
abuse, including dropping (falling off a shelf, whatever) because its a
childs toy.  The Xbox is the only game console on the market right now
that has a HDD in it.  That was a big risk for M$ to take, and to make
it worse they did not shock mount the drive to protect it from the
normal wear and tear that a game console can take.  They made
"breakaway" controller connectors instead, to lessen the possibility of
an overzealous player pulling the console off a shelf by tugging on the
controller cords too hard...  Kindof a bad compromise IMO....

Mike