[ale] DB abstraction for PHP

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Sun Dec 29 21:31:30 EST 2002

PHP has it's own pseduo-abstraction DB layers built in.  Depending on
how you build php, you can build it with:
mysql support:  --with-mysql
sqlserver:  --with-sybase (i think; definately double czech this one)
oracle: not sure; but i _know_ it's possible
prostgres:  --with-pgsql

I had a nightmare of a build trying to build php with DB2, sybase,
mysql, flash, pdf, GD, ssl, ldap, etc... but it was a hell of a learning
experience.  PHP is a _great_ language, and once you get it built right,
the db interfacing is cakewalk...

-CB