[ale] USB Cam (LONG)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Dec 29 07:49:21 EST 2002

Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> Geoffrey -
>
> I probably should have clarified this initially - the camera stores
> images internally OR it can use a SmartMedia card.  However, I do not
> yet have one.

I assume that means you don't have a SmartMedia card... :)

> IIRC, I was trying to mount /dev/sda /mnt/cam after
> having first mkdired /mnt/cam.

what type of filesystem?  My memory stick mounts as vfat.  Also, you
should be using /dev/sda?  where ? is [0-N].

I can mount my memstick as follows:

/bin/mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/memstick

I'm wondering if it the internal memory and the SmartMedia would be seen
as two different devices.  I would expect so.  That being said, I'd try
all variations of:

for i in 0 1 2 3 4; do
/bin/mount -t vfat /dev/sda${i} /mnt/cam
done

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...