[ale] interrupts in linux??

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Dec 28 23:28:10 EST 2002

Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> So then, in theory, I should be able to assign any IRQ that isn't being
> used (like my floppy ide channel for example), and assign it to one of
> these devices?

Well, that all depends.  I know that I've had nics that came with a
program to change the irq and write it to the device.  It would provide
you a list of available irqs, and it didn't always list all the ones I
knew were available, so you could be limited in that sense.

I have in the past assigned irg 7 to other devices when I didn't have a
printer.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...