[ale] OT: lease-to-buy laptops?

michael d. ivey ivey at gweezlebur.com
Sat Dec 28 08:34:07 EST 2002

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 10:54:31PM -0500, John Wells wrote:
> Anyone know if any companies offer lease-to-buy (iow, pay a monthly
> payment until you purchase) laptops?  I estimate I'll only need to lease
> for approx. 3 months.

I'm currently leasing a Dell Inspiron 2650 for ~ $40/mo.  There is no
buyout on my lease, but others they offer have a $1 buyout or a Fair
Market Value.  I'm just sending mine back at the end of 3 years.

All their financing can be done online, which is nice.  dell.com, Small
Business section.

--
michael d. ivey        [McQ] : "Alienation's for the rich, and I'm
   <ivey at gweezlebur.com>     : feeling poorer everyday.