[ale] RedHat 8.0 new install access problems

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Dec 23 10:03:49 EST 2002

John,

First, I'd do "/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables" stop just to make sure ;-).

Then, check what the contents of /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny are
set to.

If you still can't get anything to connect, I'd tcpdump or ethereal
incoming packets to see if you're even making contact.  Also, check
/var/log/messages to see if anything informative is being dumped there...

John