[ale] xchat hosed...

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Fri Dec 20 19:57:35 EST 2002

I've used xChat for quite some time now with no problems.  Then, out of
the blue, I connected to irc.openprojects.net yesterday (I've been on many
times in the past week) and got:

 Looking up irc.openprojects.net..
--- Connecting to calvino.freenode.net (213.92.8.4) port 6667..
--- Connected. Now logging in..
--- AUTH :*** Looking up your hostname...
--- AUTH :*** Found your hostname, welcome back
--- AUTH :*** Checking ident
--- AUTH :*** No identd (auth) response
--- Closing Link: jbwiv (Bad user info)
--- Disconnected (Remote host closed socket).

Can't connect, period.  I've tried everything...changing nicks, blowing
away ~/.xchat.  Nothing seems to work.

Anyone else experiencing anything weird, or have any suggestions?  I've
not done any updates that I recall to xchat or any packages it might use,
so I'm at a loss.  I don't run identd on my firewall, but haven't seen a
problem with this in the past.

Thanks,

John