[ale] USB 2 RJ-45 adapterRe: [ale] USB 2 RJ-45 adapter

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Dec 20 15:02:22 EST 2002

USB and ethernet are different.  that adapter is a USB 10/100 NIC.  Just like
a nic card in you PC.  So you can not buy an adapter to convert a PCI slot
into RJ45 just as you can not convert the USB on this device with 100Base-T.
That would require drivers in the Bellsouth device and I doubt it has such
goodies.

This adds a new requirement to my ADSL purchase moto.

Old:

"No PPPOE and NO DHCP"

New:

"Damn It I want bridged ethernet and no DHCP crap!"